Tuesday 21 June 2016

Dry and Sensitive Skincare Saviours


Since November 2012 I have suffered with a severe skin condition. I've had a rash every single day of my life for 4 years now, covering most of my body. The doctors still don't know what it is to this day, but all I know is that it's taken an extremely long time to find products that help my skin, not aggravate it. These 3 products are my holy grails of skincare, and get me through the most difficult skin days.


First of all is the Garnier micellar water. Micellar water's are the in thing for makeup removal and skin cleansing these days, and i'm completely on the hype. I have tried SO many of these including ones from expensive brands like Bioderma and Avene, but this is still my favourite. Personally I use baby wipes to remove my makeup first, then I use this to remove anything left over. I'm always shocked how much makeup is still on my face and how much this removes. This product is so gentle and honestly it feels like using water on my face. I don't experience any burning, redness, or flare up of my rash using this. Pictured is the mini bottle which costs £1 and is great to take away with you. You can also get a big bottle with around 400ml for £4 which is a great deal. This is well worth a try if your skin is sensitive.


My next favourite is the Hylamide rehydration booster, just the name of this is dreamy for all dry skinned people out there ! I get this from Boots for £18, but it is regularly on offer for £12. I use this like a serum before my moisturiser, but it isn't quite as thick as most serums, it's a bit more watery. This absorbs in to my skin really quick and leaves me feeling so hydrated and soft. i've been using this for around 6 months now and can honestly say it has changed my skin. My skin is softer, feels less dry, and my skin tone is more even, and i'm pretty sure it's down to this. This product contains hyaluronic acid which is known to be amazing for hydrating the skin. This is great for anyone with dry or dehydrated skin.


Last but not least is the Garnier Moisture nourish + moisturiser for dry skin. I must admit I was shocked when I loved this one so much. I was skeptical about this one, as usually I opt for high end moisturisers. I ran out of my previous moisturiser and didn't have a back up, so I quickly grabbed this in boots thinking it would just be used as a temporary measure. This moisturiser is so thick and creamy, which is great for anyone with dry skin, as it actually feels like it does something. My skin always feels hydrated for hours when I use this and it doesn't tighten back up and get uncomfortable. This moisturiser only costs £4.19 from Boots, How cheap is that!! It's also regularly on offer with 3 for £6, or sometimes it's on half price.

These three items help me deal with difficult skin and make my makeup look great. What do you recommend for dry and sensitive skin ?
Seany xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment