Sunday 27 October 2013

My skin saviours - Dry/Dehydrated skin

Recently I suffered a severe migraine and was put on tablets called 'migraleve'. These tablets have Codine in, which is quite a strong painkiller. After a few days of the tablets I got a horrible bumpy rash on my face and my skin was peeling off, it looked like I had been burnt. I was extremely embarrassed about the rash and decided to try out some new products. In the end I found a selection that have completely fixed the rash and also made my skin as soft as a babies bottom :) So I thought I would share these with you. I have a very dry and dehydrated skin so if this sounds like your skin, these could be the products for you.

The first product is the 'L'oreal purifying micellar solution' - this is a cleansing water similar to things like Bioderma. Firstly I take my eye makeup off with baby wipes, as I have extremely sensitive eyes, then I use this to take my face makeup off and cleanse and tone my face. This product is also extremely affordable, I picked mine up in Bodycare for around £3.00.
My second favourite thing is the Clinique 7 day scrub. I can't even explain how much I love this. I love exfoliating, but usually doing it every day is too much for my skin, but with this little gem I can exfoliate daily without my face becoming red or sensitive. The smell of this is so gorgeous and natural, and the texture is quite thick and creamy. The exfoliating beads aren't large and abrasive but they still make my skin feel so soft and clean. This product is £18.50 but I definitely think it is worth the money.
Next I use a mask. At the moment I'm loving my 'nspa replenishing moisture mask'. This is a creamy mask so I apply a fair bit of it using a mask brush. I leave this on for 10-15 minutes to deeply moisturise my skin. The Neroli oil in this mask provides such a beautiful girly smell and really provides that pampering feeling. This mask only cost me £5 at Asda so it's cheap and cheerful !
The next thing i'm pretty sure most of you will have heard of, unless you live under a rock that is. It's Hydraluron. This product is a gel/serum. Before I moisturise I spread a pea sized amount of this product over my face. It contains Hyaluronic acid which holds 1,000 times it's own weight in water. Over time this product helps to hydrate the skin and make it more plump. I have only been using this a week but along with my other products, my skin is already so much more hydrated and all of my dry patches have gone. This is £24.99 and only comes in quite a small tube, but you only need to use a small amount so it should last a long time.
Next is the moisturiser. I have been using the origins energy boosting GinZing moisturiser. This has the most yummy smell, it reminds me of Terry's chocolate orange ! This moisturiser is a nice light moisturiser and sinks nicely in to the skin without making my face feel greasy and like i'm wearing a mask. The texture is almost like a gel.This product costs £23, which I think is a bargain as this lasts for months.
I hope this post will help all you dry skin sufferers. if you use any of these products or go out to buy them, let me know what you think of them and how they work for your skin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment