Tuesday 31 May 2016

Urban Decay Alice In Wonderland - Eyeshadow palette


Hey guys - So i'm sure most of you have already seen Urban Decay's new collection in collaboration with Disney, inspired by the new Alice in Wonderland film. This has become a bit of a cult product in the beauty world with mixed reviews so I thought I'd give you my take on it.


Ok first of all .... LOOK AT THE PACKAGING, is this palette not the most beautiful thing you've ever seen ! The second I saw it I knew I needed this in my life, before I'd even seen the colours.
When you open the top there is a pop out butterfly, a large mirror and a cute quote. The quote reads 'I'm not strange, weird, odd nor crazy, my reality is just different to yours'. The actual eyeshadows are in a little pull out draw underneath.


So on to the eyeshadows. The range of colours in this palette are absolutely beautiful. What I also love about it is that I still find it a very wearable palette. The burnt oranges in this palette are stunning and make brilliant crease shades.
I have seen lots of reviews online saying these eyeshadows aren't very pigmented and this confused me so much. I have found that all the shadows are typical Urban Decay quality. Buttery, pigmented, and easy to blend. The only shade that I find has little to no colour pay off is 'Dream on' (Far right shadow on the second row). I think this is due to it having chunky glitter, and the colour just got a bit lost. Other than that though I think this palette is an absolute winner.


The palette comes with 20 beautiful and bold colours. As you can see the names of these shadows are all related to Alice in Wonderland and the various characters, which is a nice little touch. The palette comes in at £43 pounds. This is the same price as the Urban Decay vice palettes and I think this is so much prettier and special. Any makeup collector won't be able to give this one a miss. This palette is limited edition but it doesn't seem to have sold out anywhere so if you want this I'd snap it up now :)



Let me know your favourite colours and how you've found the pigmentation of this palette !
Seany xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment