Thursday 2 June 2016

The Body Shop - Pinita Colada Collection


So after seeing so much hype for this collection on Youtube from the likes of Lily pebbles I knew I needed to get my hands on a few bits. Sadly the body scrub I really wanted to try was out of stock in my local Bodyshop, but as is was on 3 for £20 my boyfriend kindly picked me up these 3 products.

Firstly, I feel like I should express my love for Pina Coladas. I recently went on Holiday to Lanzarote and spent the majority of my time drinking them, so the smell of this reminds me of being on holiday so much. I find it funny how a smell can bring you so many memories :) I feel like the products in this range have the perfect balance of pineapple and coconut, providing a very sweet and summery scent.


First up is the shower gel. This is £5 for 250ml. This is the cheapest product in the collection, so if you're on a budget but love the smell of this range this is perfect for you. I used this for the first time yesterday and I literally felt like I was showering in Pina Coladas. The only thing with this is that it's quite a small bottle so I don't imagine it will last very long. If you love this scent I suggest you use it sparingly and stock up on some extras as this collection is limited edition.


Next up is the fresh body sorbet. The first thing I noticed about this is that it is lovely and cooling. This will be lovely to apply on a hot summers day. What I love about the sorbet style product is that it's nice and light. It absorbs into the skin in seconds and doesn't leave a sticky or oily feeling behind. This does however mean it doesn't provide huge amounts of hydration, so you may want to try the body butter if you have extremely dry skin. This product comes in at £8 which I think is a great price for a body product.


Last but not least is the Bodyshop's classic, the body butter. This is the same thick, buttery texture as all of the body butters they sell. The pot says '24 hour moisture for normal to dry skin'. Personally I doubt it lasts for 24 hours, but I do agree this is great for dry skin. This product is so creamy and hydrating. This is definitely a product for those who spend a little more time on their body care as it takes a little longer to rub in to the skin. I also find you can feel the thickness of this product on your skin for a while after applying. This comes in at £14 so is considerably more expensive than the other two products. 


Overall I think these products are a wonderful addition to my collection for the summer months when I want to smell like holidays and cocktails ! If your local bodyshop is doing the 3 for £20 it's a great deal as individually these products would cost you £27.

Let me know if you have tried these products and what you think of them.
Seany xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment